    if the board support it either. Can anybody help me, please?

    Thanks

    Cassandra

    CASSANDRA APELQVIST, Apr 4, 2004

  2. CASSANDRA APELQVIST

    Roger Hunt Guest

    Have you tried :
    http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/peripheral.html

    Good luck

    Roger Hunt, Apr 5, 2004

  3. Hi, Cassandra.

    I cannot find a manual for it, either. I believe you are looking for "jumper
    settings"? A jumper is the little black piece that connects two gold pins
    together... you can also find them on hard drives, CD-ROM drives, etc., to
    select "Master" or "Slave".

    If you are lucky, maybe you can find the settings written somewhere on the
    motherboard itself. Here are the settings you should use:

    Pentium II 266:
    multiplier = 4
    memory/FSB = 66
    voltage = 2.8

    Pentium II 350:
    multiplier = 3.5
    memory/FSB = 100
    voltage = 2.0

    Some motherboards read this information from the CPU, so you may not need all
    the jumpers. Hope this helps.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Apr 5, 2004
  4. CASSANDRA APELQVIST

    Roger Hunt Guest

    I have Total Hardware99 here and it lists lots of Siemens S26361-xxx
    motherboards, but nothing quite on the nail.
    How tantalising!

    Roger Hunt, Apr 6, 2004
  5. Hi again!

    I have found the manual
    http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/PERIDOCS/SYSBOARD/A26361-D981-Z180-US.pdf
    , and I did see that it didn't support PII 350 so I tried the PII 300
    instead, but it didn't work. The monitor was just black and nothing did
    happen. I think PII 300 is with FSB 66mhz!? Isn't it just the jumpers on the
    board I should change? I have never done this before. Now I use the old PII
    266 again on that computer :(

    Thanks
    Cassandra

    CASSANDRA APELQVIST, Apr 6, 2004
  6. Cassandra,

    Yes, the Pentium II 300 runs at 66 MHz FSB, with a multiplier of 4.5. The only
    difference with the 266 is that SW8 CF4 should be "Off" for 300, "On" for 266.
    That should be the only thing you have to change.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Apr 6, 2004
  7. CASSANDRA APELQVIST

    Roger Hunt Guest

    Wandering OT (well it is OT already) .....

    (My info is from TH99, which does list this MB.)

    I wonder what SW1/5 does? It's "on" all the time, for all documented
    ratios, and there's no info here.
    Does the manual say?

    Roger Hunt, Apr 7, 2004