    The workstation is set in RAID 10 trough 4 x WD 600 Gb HD. Leaving the Biosto IDE display a message error "no system", putting it to Raid give a blank screen and no more access to Bios setup. I have to clear the CMOS with the jumper everytime I tried to start with Raid (I'm sure it was set like this).

    There is probably something else to change in the Bios setup to get Win7 back on track.

    Thanks for your help.

    lololamoto, Nov 26, 2013

  2. lololamoto

    Paul Guest

    The BIOS can only boot from the RAID, if the
    BIOS has a code module for the disk controller hardware.
    That is termed a "boot ROM", and it is a code
    module stored in the main BIOS chip.

    Most motherboards, you press <control> plus another key,
    while the system is POSTing, to get to the BIOS RAID screen.
    In the BIOS RAID setup screen, you want to verify that the
    RAID 10 array has a "Healthy" status and is not "Degraded"
    or "Failed". If it is "Failed", it will not boot.

    Check the S7025 manual, to determine what key combination
    to press early in the BIOS POST process.

    In the BIOS, "Interrupt 19 Capture" needs to be enabled.
    It is enabled by default, but you should verify that.

    The RAID setting doesn't mention a "boot ROM" in the BIOS.
    On some motherboards, you enable RAID on Intel Southbridge,
    but you also have to enable the "boot ROM" for the RAID.
    That gives INT 0x13 (decimal 19) boot support. It appears
    on your S7025, setting the Intel SATA ports to RAID, is
    sufficient for this.

    You should also review the boot order settings, and make sure
    the RAID volume (that you verified in the RAID BIOS setup screen),
    is also listed as a boot option.

    http://www.tyan.com/manuals/S7025_Manual_v1.4.pdf

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 26, 2013

  3. lololamoto

    lololamoto

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2013
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    thanks,
    I guess the problem is comming from this RAID function embeded into the BIOS.
    I must declare RAID as bootable but as soon as I put the HD into RAID (like it was before BIOS upgrade), then I can't enter into the BIOS again.
    If I can't enter the Bios I can't setup the boot order.
    If I don't setup Volume to RAID, then RAID is not part of the Bootable device.
    It's like an endless circle. Sad....

    The only way to enter again into the BIOS is by clearing the CMOS witht he jumper (and back to IDE instead of RAID)

    Attached Files:

    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      92 KB
  4. lololamoto

    lololamoto

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2013
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0

    After a full day of trial and error witht the help of the dealer (Coreto), I finally get the computer back to work with the original BIOS.
    So i finally hang up with 2 GTX 780 that won't work on this Motherboard and 2 very stressfull days.
    Tyan is not pro on this matter:
    - No support after 48h
    - MB sales as 4 GPU capable can't even work with a single one
    - BIOS compatibility issues (why list the S7025 compatible if it is not)!

    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    lololamoto, Nov 27, 2013