    same time, once I load the SATA driver from the Soyo CD.
    thanks in advance
    dave good

    davegood, Nov 5, 2004

  2. davegood

    Jim B. Guest

    "davegood" <> wrote in message news:<oqJid.3837$ii1.3284@trndny04>...

    The answer is neither, SATA drives don't have jumper settings like IDE
    drives. Just plug it in and power it up.

    Jim B., Nov 5, 2004

  3. davegood

    Jim B. Guest

    (Jim B.) wrote in message news:<>...

    I guess I could have at least told you why you don't have to bother
    with jumper settings on the SATA drive. The reason you have jumper
    settings on a IDE drive is because there can be two drives on one IDE
    cable, the SATA on the other hand is a single drive connected to a
    cable. There is no option for a second SATA drive on that little red
    cable.

    Jim B., Nov 6, 2004