    If it is possible, will I need an adapter for putting that SSD inside
    the Case Cooler master HAF-X removable 3.5" hard drive rack?
    thanks

    ijones, Apr 19, 2012

  2. ijones

    Paul Guest

    Is this the same F120 model ?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233125

    "At this point we have 12 dead out of 40 and multiple models of
    computers that they have failed in. Average time to failure is
    2 weeks, though some have failed in as little as 2 days. We've
    switched over to the Intel 320 Series"

    Before buying an SSD, always find some customer reviews!

    *******

    With regard to storage devices, you can buy adapters. You can
    adapt a 2.5" drive, to fit in a 3.5" space, or a 3.5" drive
    to fit in a 5.25" space. There is always an adapter, somewhere,
    which you can use.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994085

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 20, 2012

  3. ijones

    geoff Guest

    Newegg has pretty good ssd video on their ssd product web page. It goes
    into a lot including adaptors.

    I never realized that PCI ssd's were so fast.

    --g

    geoff, Apr 20, 2012
  4. ijones

    Paul Guest

    You don't really need an adapter. For example, some people
    here report they hold them in place with nylon ties. The
    SSD is relatively light, and the main reason for securing it,
    is so the cables don't get pulled loose.

    Another thing to check, is read the customer reviews, and make
    sure the SSD has threaded holes in standard places. You might
    buy an adapter, and then find the SSD is so cheap, it has no
    standard mounting features.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 20, 2012
  5. ijones

    malikinam Guest

    california is the best university

    malikinam, Apr 20, 2012
  6. ijones

    FolkGT Guest

    That link is to the older SATA 2 product. OP is asking about the SATA3.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233191

    I've been using once since Feb. and haven't had any problems.

    You'll have no issues mounting it in your case. They're very light, so a
    single screw would be plenty.

    FolkGT, Apr 20, 2012
  7. ijones

    ijones Guest

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233191
    What motherboard do you have?
    It is necessary an adapter for installa that SSD?
    Thanks

    ijones, Apr 20, 2012
  8. ijones

    FolkGT Guest

    Asus P8Z68-V LE
    No adapter required. They use the exact same connectors as a regular SATA
    hard drive.

    FolkGT, Apr 21, 2012