    and then turn on it, the problem disappear. Why do I have that
    problem? Can I solve it?
    Thanks

    ulixi, Mar 20, 2011

  2. ulixi

    Paul Guest

    There are problems with the Intel RST driver.

    Either you want to use the Intel RAID driver that comes with
    Windows 7. Or, look for a much more recent driver.

    There is also at least one registry hack you can try.

    The site to get the answers on, is here. Take your time
    and do a site specific search for more information. This
    issue, of RST dropping drives, having degraded arrays,
    has been known for a while, so there are many many posts
    here on the subject.

    http://communities.intel.com/message/102024?tstart=0

    I also notice, when reading some of the threads on that
    forum, that little is known about how RST works. And the
    little things are discovered by the users, rather than
    by reading the manual. For example, the Intel software
    delivers a warning, when no warning is needed. It also
    apparently will not correct errors when they happen, but
    actual drive errors are resolved by doing some kind of
    Drive Verify in the management console for the array.

    Since you're using RAID 0, there is no redundancy, so
    doing Drive Verify would be pointless. There is no
    rebuild to do either. You are doing the correct procedure,
    which is to turn off the computer, as recovery of the RAID 0
    will work, as soon as both drives are detected. So the
    procedure you're currently doing, is the best you can do.

    But to fix the issue long term, you can try changing driver
    versions, using the LPMSTATE registry hack, and also
    check to see if you have any other RAID controllers
    present in the system. At least one user, noted his X58
    motherboard, only has RAID problems on the Intel ports,
    when an LSI Logic RAID controller is added to the
    system.

    So it's a complicated issue, in terms of what triggers it,
    and what may fix it. And communities.intel.com is where
    all the affected users meet, to discuss it.

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 20, 2011

  3. ulixi

    ulixi Guest

    Paul, thanks a lot for your suggestion.
    I know a little english and I'm afraid to make a mistake. I'd like to
    change driver to SABERTOOTH X58, can you help me telling the precise
    driver I have to download, please?
    Is it sufficient I install the new driver or do I have to make some
    other process too?
    Thanks again

    ulixi, Mar 20, 2011
  4. ulixi

    Paul Guest

    You look on the Intel site.

    "Intel Rapid Storage Technology 12/15/2010 10.1.0.1008 Latest Drivers"

    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19607&keyword="x58+rst"&lang=eng

    The eventual "download" button, is on the far right of the web page.

    Scroll over to the right, so you can see the button to click.

    I think you should download "iata_cd.exe", as the description
    says it is "multi language" Perhaps you will get Italian
    labels on the interface that way ?

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Mar 20, 2011
  5. ulixi

    ulixi Guest

    Thanks a lot, it seems to work fine.

    ulixi, Mar 24, 2011
  6. ulixi

    ulixi Guest

    Paul, that files works very fine! THANKSSS!

    ulixi, Mar 25, 2011
  7. ulixi

    Paul Guest

    You're welcome :)