  1. VAXman-

    VAXman- Guest

    Why to I get the Q? when I try to watch things like YouTube videos?

    VAXman- , Jun 21, 2007

  2. Because some are .avi files?

    Install Flip4Mac.

    00

    John McWilliams, Jun 21, 2007

  3. VAXman-

    zit Guest

    There must be other reasons too, because I have Flip4Mac installed and
    still have this problem.
    I expect there is something else installed that is causing the problem.

    zit, Jun 23, 2007
  4. VAXman-

    Tim McNamara Guest

    I find that playback of .avi files in a browser window is broken since I
    updated to 10.4.10 in both Safari 3 beta and Camino. I reinstalled
    Flip4Mac, which needed to be updated anyway, but this did not solve the
    problem. I had not seen any other mention about this, though, so I
    assumed it was something FUBAR'd in my system.

    Tim McNamara, Jun 24, 2007
  5. VAXman-

    Warren Oates Guest

    I can play an .avi in my Safari 3 window. It's a DivX.

    Warren Oates, Jun 24, 2007
  6. How about some specifics- like a link?

    Most of the stuff I run across plays since Flip4, in Firefox or Safari,
    but haven't seen much since I went to beta 3.

    John McWilliams, Jun 24, 2007
  7. VAXman-

    Warren Oates Guest

    It's a local file, on my hd. It's an hour-long tv show. Should I email
    it to you?

    You should be able to find an .avi on the web somewhere. Google google
    google.

    Warren Oates, Jun 24, 2007
  8. Don't be arch. I'm not interested in "some" .avi file somewhere on the
    web. I was interested in helping solve someone's problem. Specifics
    usually help.

    John McWilliams, Jun 24, 2007
  9. VAXman-

    Warren Oates Guest

    It's an Xvid @ 23.97 with (MP3 @16 bits/48k 128) audio in an .avi
    container. You should have no trouble finding such. Download an episode
    of The Simpsons.

    Warren Oates, Jun 24, 2007