    to Safari 2. During the install of Safari 3 it said that I could revert
    to v2 at any time. I can't find the uninstall package on the HD. Can
    anyone help? Thanks.

    Peter James, Jun 13, 2007

  2. Peter James

    Jim Guest

    If you re-download the V3 beta you should get the uninstaller.

    Jim

    Jim, Jun 13, 2007

  3. It's in the 3.0 installer dmg. If you've trashed the dmg, download it
    again.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 13, 2007
  4. Peter James

    Peter James Guest

    I've got the file Safari3Beta.dmg on my Desktop and I've apparently
    installed the unistall package to the Macintosh HD, or so the package
    tells me. It closed down the Mac after install and restarted so I
    assume it's on the HD somewhere. But where? I looked in HD
    Applications but no sign of the uninstall package.

    Peter James, Jun 13, 2007
  5. That doesn't make sense. The uninstall package doesn't get installed.
    It's still there in the dmg file. Double click the DMG to get the
    virtual disk, and you'll find the uninstall package in the virtual disk.
    Double-click it, and you'll be led through the uninstall process.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 13, 2007
  6. Peter James

    Peter James Guest

    When the process asks me to select a destination volume to install the
    Safari 3 Bet unistall software the only option offered is Macintosh HD.
    When I select this I am told that:
    "You cannot install Safari 3 Beta Unisntall on this volume. This volume
    does not contain a restorable version of Safari". It's an argument in
    a circle as far as I can see.
    So, can I remove Safari 3 manually and then re-install v2?

    Peter James, Jun 13, 2007
  7. Peter James

    M-M Guest

    Are you sure you don't currently have v2 running?

    M-M, Jun 13, 2007
  8. Did you move Safari 3 out of the Applications folder?

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 13, 2007
  9. Peter James

    Dr. Zara Guest

    Macs are not supposed to do that. They just work.

    Dr. Zara, Jun 14, 2007
  10. Peter James

    Peter James Guest

    No. Safari 3 beta is sitting there where it was installed.

    Peter James, Jun 14, 2007
  11. Peter James

    Peter James Guest

    As I said in a previous post Safari 3 is sitting in it's folder where it
    was installed.

    Peter James, Jun 14, 2007
  12. Peter James

    Peter James Guest

    I'm not too sure what's going on here. I am to all intents and purposes
    a Mac "newbie", having only owned a Mac for about 18 months having cut
    my milk teeth on Dos/Windows.
    I read on this group, some time ago that when all else fails repair your
    permissions and run Disk Utiltiy. This I did, and then Uninstalled
    Safari 3 and reverted to Safari 2 without any problem, just like it says
    "in the book".
    Wonderful things, computers? Thanks for all of the replies.

    Peter James, Jun 14, 2007
  13. No. Safari 3 beta is sitting there where it was installed.[/QUOTE]

    Where was it installed?

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 14, 2007
  14. As I said in a previous post Safari 3 is sitting in it's folder where
    it was installed.[/QUOTE]

    What folder is that?

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 14, 2007
  15. Peter James

    Joseph Crowe Guest

    When you downloaded the Safari 3 beta there was a file called
    Safari3Beta.dmg. Click on that file and it will mount a disk icon
    called Safari 3 Beta. When you open the disk icon, you should see
    two packages called Safari3Beta.pkg and Safari3BetaUninstall.pkg.
    When you click on the second of these, it will uninstall the Safari
    3 Beta and recover the Safari 2.X that you used prior to the
    install of Safari 3 Beta. This assumes that you are using Mac OS
    X 10.4.9. Under Windows, you should be able to uninstall Safari
    Beta 3 through the Add/Remove Software control panel.

    Joseph Crowe, Jun 14, 2007