    between Safari and Vanguard's computers, my password is being magled.

    Can anybody hazard a guess as to what may be going on? If you use
    Safari to logon to Vanguard, I'd like to know your experience.

    Ajanta, Nov 28, 2006

  2. I just tried it and it went without a hitch.

    Barring a typo, I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. If you enter
    the password incorrectly it doesn't show any error message, it just
    dumps you back on the same screen again.

    Tom Harrington, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Ajanta

    Ajanta Guest

    I don't have a clue but it is unusual. When I posted previously, Safari
    didn't work but Firefox did. Now I just tried again and both Safari and
    Firefox don't work, but Camino does!

    When I say a browser doesn't work: It has no problem accessing the
    logon page. After I submit user ID, correct security picture appears.
    Only the password is rejected.

    Needless to say, once aware of the problem, I have been very careful
    typing the password. And each time it *has* worked with a different
    browser.

    Quite perplexing. So far there is no problem with any other site. I
    typed my password almost 100 times onto a "stickie", just to check if
    any key was acting up and failing randomly, but the entire password
    typed fine each time.

    I have already sent a report to Vanguard in case they can look at my
    logon attempts and decipher something. Will just have to keep looking.

    Ajanta, Nov 28, 2006
  4. Ajanta

    Sn!pe Guest

    Could it be a cookie problem of some kind?

    Sn!pe, Nov 28, 2006
  5. Ajanta

    Ajanta Guest

    Just to thank all who replied.

    I cleared history, emptied cache, restarted the computer, started
    Safari, and then just for good luck restarted it. Logging on to
    Vanguard went smoothly. I don't know where the problem was, or just
    which step fixed it, but it is working now.

    Ajanta, Nov 29, 2006
  6. Ajanta

    Patrick Guest

    In
    http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA06-333A.html

    National Cyber Alert System

    Technical Cyber Security Alert TA06-333A

    Apple Releases Security Update to Address Multiple Vulnerabilities

    Original release date: November 29, 2006
    Last revised: --
    Source: US-CERT

    Systems Affected

    * Apple Mac OS X version 10.3.x and 10.4.x
    * Apple Mac OS X Server version 10.3.x and 10.4.x
    * Apple Safari web browser

    These vulnerabilities affect both Intel-based and PowerPC-based Apple
    systems.

    Overview

    Apple has released Security Update 2006-007 to correct multiple
    vulnerabilities affecting Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, Safari web
    browser. Vulnerabilities in OpenSSL, gzip, and other products are also
    addressed. The most serious of these vulnerabilities may allow a
    remote attacker to execute arbitrary code. Attackers may take
    advantage of the less serious vulnerabilities to bypass security
    restrictions or cause a denial of service.

    Patrick, Nov 30, 2006
  7. This is entirely irrelevant to problems logging in to a specific web
    site.

    Tom Harrington, Nov 30, 2006
  8. Ajanta

    Patrick Guest

    In
    Nobody asked for your stupid opinion, asshole.

    Patrick, Nov 30, 2006
  9. Vanguard is a very large mutual fund family in the United States.

    They're probably best known for rock-bottom expense ratios.

    Charlie Perrin, Nov 30, 2006
  10. Ajanta

    Ajanta Guest

    A huge mutual fund company. You can visit Vanguard.com .

    Ajanta, Nov 30, 2006
  11. Nobody asked for your irrelevant post either, so I guess we're even.

    Tom Harrington, Nov 30, 2006
  12. Ajanta

    Patrick Guest

    In
    The security patch in Safari addressed the issue.

    Patrick, Nov 30, 2006