    accidentally when she first set up the computer. In any case, any
    ideas on how to stop this and/or, if necessary, locate the mystery
    password?

    Skookum, Jul 30, 2008

  2. Skookum

    nathalie_n Guest

    The password is to unlock the keychain so that safari can look up into
    it when needed (i.e to connect to a website with login/password).

    The keychain password is usually the same as the account password.

    nathalie_n, Jul 30, 2008

  3. Skookum

    Simon Slavin Guest

    For some reason the password to her login keychain is the not the same as
    the password for her user account.

    Does she know what password satisfies that box ? If so, tell her to
    change the password for her account to that password. Once she has done
    that, log out, log back in again, and she can then change it again if she
    wants.

    If she doesn't know what password satisfies that box, she should use

    /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app

    to delete the 'login' keychain. The system will then make a new one with
    whatever her current password is.

    Simon.

    Simon Slavin, Aug 1, 2008