Sanyo POSCAP

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Gary Pace, Nov 30, 2004.

  1. Gary Pace

    Gary Pace Guest

    Maybe a bit off topic but....

    Tantalum capacitors are unreliable in power supply applications - this seems
    to come as a surprise to many people, but believe me it's true
    Aluminium electrolytics suffer from high impedance and finite life

    It's been suggested to me to use Sanyo POSCAP as a better alternative to
    either.

    The Sanyo data is somewhat vague - it looks like a tanty but has claims
    about better reliability

    Does anyone have experience of using these in power supply resevoir /
    decoupling applications and their long term reliability ?

    Any doh's I need to look out for ?

    Thanks,
    Gary

    Gary Pace, Nov 30, 2004