Sapphire Atlantis 9600 Pro. Funny things..

Discussion in 'ATI' started by R J, Nov 24, 2003.

  1. R J

    R J Guest

    I just bought one to my asus p4s800 motherboard.. (p4-2,4 (533))

    Cat 3.9:
    Good: Nice performance on 3dmark2001 & 03 (12500/3800)
    Bad: Video in is not working
    Bad: Some games freeze in split seconds: Vice City, Maxe Payne 2

    Cat 3.6:
    Good: Video in is working
    Bad: Some games stops the computer: Age of Mythology., Generals..

    I'm using Rivatuner and is slightly overclocking...

    I'm also experiencing slight shadows from textlines (for example when using
    windows explorer) on
    my monitor (eizo f931).

    Any tips ??

    Any experience with Cat 3.7&3.8 ?

    Richard

    R J, Nov 24, 2003

  2. I just bought one to my asus p4s800 motherboard.. (p4-2,4 (533))
    First stop overclocking (just for testing). CPU overclocked? What PSU do you
    have (at least 300W?)? Recent chipset drivers installed?
    No idea with Video in problem. I'm still using Cat 3.6 with my Sapphire 9800
    Pro because of many probs and glitches I had with everything above.
    When you say that some games crash or freeze your box, do others work well
    with the same configuration and drivers?

    HTH, Chris

    Christian Atteneder, Nov 24, 2003

  3. R J

    leon Guest

    I have atlantis 9600 pro but don't recall a video in for this card, just tv
    out and as far as drivers go i use latest 3.9 (hotfix non whql) with no
    problems and no lockups in games.

    leon, Nov 24, 2003
  4. R J

    R J Guest

    I have tried with no oc of gfx and cpu, but that doesn't make any
    difference. I believe PSU is minimum 300W
    and yes, i have installed the newest SIS AGP drivers.

    I will try Cat 3.7 and 3.8 and turn off VPU recover. Hopefully it will
    become better. If not i will return to the Nvidia-area again :(.

    Richard

    R J, Nov 24, 2003
  5. R J

    Darthy Guest

    What kind of PSU do you HAVE? A junky 300 or even a 400 watter will
    cause problems. A good 300 watt PSU will smoke a $21.00 500watt PSU.
    Have you UNINSTALLED your Nvidia drivers...?

    Mine was studdering all over the place - everything! until I removed
    them and reinstalled DX9... but I did this on purpose.

    Darthy, Nov 25, 2003