Sapphire Atlantis ATI RADEON 9600 PRO ULTIMATE - What can I do to it?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Joe, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hi all,

    I've got a Sapphire Atlantis ATI RADEON 9600 PRO ULTIMATE card, and
    after reading the posting here I would like to ask for some
    friendly advice -

    - Have any of you got this card? What should I be expecting it to
    handle for overclocking? RAM clock? GPU clock?

    - Are there any other tweaks or hacks that have been done on this
    series? I've read some about people reflashing their bios with bios
    from
    other cards to increase performance, or to get a quick upgrade - ie.
    9800se to 9800 pro, etc...

    - Where do the 9600P fall performance wise, compared to the others
    in
    the 9xxx family? I understand some of it's got to do with limited
    pipelines.

    Now, I'm actually very happy with the card so far, considering I just
    upgraded from a GeForce2Ultra card... there is no comparison.

    I just can't help myself to fiddle and tweak, to eek every little bit
    out
    and all that - I'm running an AMD XP1800+ oc'd, and my 2500+ barton
    oc'd
    to 3200+... seeings as the Sapphire is essentialy designed to be
    oc'd,
    why not...

    Has anyone got some insight or tips?

    Thanks very much!

    - Joe

    BTW- The machine has ample power (enermax 465), and the case is
    running at
    ~35C with the cpu running ~43 on idle. It's got a coolermaster
    hhc-001
    heatpipe HS/F on the CPU.

    Joe, Sep 9, 2003