    applicable.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Stan

    Stan Kilbride, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Stan Kilbride

    smithy Guest

    Giving as much details on system specs would be great. I too had this SIS
    board and found it to be very crappy, and it outdated quickly, so switched
    to an nforce board, and could not be happier (Gigabyte, 700npro2)
    ..
    Also the 8x agp may be an issue as I'm sure this board is starting to get
    into the realms of forward compatbility or backward compatability with such
    a new vid card. Also make sure things like "fast writes", are turned off in
    the bios and give that a go.

    I would also see if the bios can be updated as well, assuming there is still
    support for this board, that may help.

    smithy

    smithy, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Stan Kilbride

    Tod Guest

    Tod, Oct 23, 2004
  4. Thanks for your help, as the earlier poster suggested the solution was
    to disable "fast write". I had installed the latest SIS AGP driver.
    This was a feature of the ATI utility package, that is the ability to
    enable or disable "fast write". Although, I happened on the solution
    before reading your responses, nontheless, they were, as it turned
    out, right on and I appreciate the help.

    Cordially,

    Stan Kilbride

    Stan Kilbride, Oct 23, 2004