    I'm having a heck of a time finding a replacement for this little
    spring-loaded bastard.

    Help!

    Brandon, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Brandon

    Dan Guest

    Where are you?

    Dan, Oct 13, 2004

  3. Brandon

    texterted Guest

    Well, I'll tell you what I've done to remedy this sort of thing...

    Get a couple of small diameter cable ties (zip ties)

    Push the tail of one through the fan screw hole and through
    the board and secure it with the head of the other tie on the
    back of the board.
    You can snip the excess material off nice and neat...
    You will find it holds the HSF down much tighter!

    hth
    Ted

    texterted, Oct 13, 2004
  4. Brandon

    First of One Guest

    Man, haven't seen this done since the 3dfx days.

    First of One, Oct 16, 2004
  5. Brandon

    Cappy Guest

    Or, you can keep an eye out at svc.com. Every once in a while the sell the
    Arctic Cooling VGA coolers for $9.99. I put one on my Sapphire 9800 Pro 128
    and my card is now quieter and the case is cooler. You have to give up the
    1st PCI slot but I don't know too many people who use that slot anyway since
    most of them share IRQ's with the AGP slot. They are really easy to
    install.

    Cappy, Oct 19, 2004