    heat issues (fan failure, etc.). Although they were not by SAPPHIRE.
    So, I want to double check on cooling before buying another video card.

    Your opinion/recommendation would be much appreciated.

    Adam, Oct 19, 2011

  2. Adam

    Paul Guest

    Check the Newegg customer reviews, for reports of failures ?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...on=hd 5770&name=Sapphire Tech&Order=BESTMATCH

    Using the rating system, it may be easier to find a brand with
    the best reviews.

    Amazon also has reviews for stuff, if you need more opinions.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 20, 2011

  3. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Thanks (Guru Paul), checking Amazon sounds like a good idea.

    Interesting how Newegg and Amazon have different items at the top of the
    stack.

    Adam, Oct 20, 2011
  4. Adam

    Paul Guest

    I think Newegg management, thinks of Amazon as "the enemy". I don't
    think that way at all, as I tried to buy something from Amazon, and
    it never arrived, and I had to wait a month to get a CC refund. So they're
    not even in the same league. But knowing Newegg hates them, I like
    to throw a ref to Amazon in for fun :) You'll notice Newegg's site
    is "morphing" into something bloated and ugly (sorta like discovering
    a grocery aisle in your local hardware store), but that's business
    for you. Never happy with perfection, always a need to dilute. I
    wonder how long it will take, before Newegg is selling Corn Flakes.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 20, 2011
  5. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Yeah, I was surprised when I recently discovered that
    techie Newegg was selling ...

    Handy Gourmet Large 26"x16.25" Non Stick Oven Liner $7 @ Newegg

    Unlike Newegg, Amazon has many vendors so I'm always cautious about
    which vendor I'm buying from. I don't worry about buying direct from
    Amazon.
    Because there are more vendors, more items are sold on Amazon than Newegg.

    Adam, Oct 20, 2011
  6. Adam

    Foke Guest

    I bought that same Sapphire card from New Egg a year and a half ago and
    wasn't happy with the fan noise. I eventually ended up with a Nvidia GTX
    460 and am much happier with that card. It's around $30 more, but to me
    it was worth it. YMMV.

    Foke, Oct 20, 2011
  7. Adam

    charlie Guest

    I run two XFX 5770s in Xfire
    I'd suggest that you seriously consider a faster video card.
    A single NVIDIA 460 or preferably better, and is about as fast or faster
    than two 5770s in Xfire. Worthy of note is that the latest ATI/AMD
    driver for the HD5770s has less problems in general than
    the older versions. With the early drivers, Far Cry 2 would usually
    lockup after about fifteen minutes or so of play. It's up to about 2-1/2
    hours now. Naturally, there are some work-arounds, such as saving,
    exiting and restarting the game.

    charlie, Nov 20, 2011