SAS SATA RAID 5 on DELL XPS 410

Discussion in 'Dell' started by lev, Dec 28, 2007.

  1. lev

    lev Guest

    Hi,

    I hope someone can help me out. I'm looking for a RAID 5 (preferably
    hardware & PCIe) solution for my XPS 410. I'd like to have 1 internal +
    1 external SAS port using the internal port with a fanout cable & the
    external port to connect a drive array.

    I bought a PERC 5i card off ebay, but it doesn't work. It gives a 1 -
    3 - 2 beep code & does not post. This is the same code it gives with no
    memory installed.

    I tried disabling all on board devices, turning off intel matrix rom &
    using different RAM slots - made no difference - always the same beep
    code & no post. Tried in 8x & 16x PCIe slots.

    I'm wondering if anyone has successfully added a RAID 5 solution on
    this system & if so, what card did you use?

    Thanks.

    lev, Dec 28, 2007