SAsmE - OpenSource Smart Asm Editor for PIC18 Asm

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by p.tucci, Jan 29, 2008.

  1. p.tucci

    p.tucci Guest

    Hi all,
    i just released my first version of SAsmE, it's a cross platform smart
    editor (with syntax highlighting too of course) for PIC18 Asm with a
    very nice feature: it can translate brain-struggling asm code into
    human readable pseudo-code just pressing "Control-Space"...
    for example code such as
    -----------------------------
    movlw UPLOAD_CHUNK_SERIE
    movwf bl_counter2,A
    movlw BL_RAM_BANK
    movwf FSR0H,A
    clrf FSR0L,A
    -----------------------------

    gets translated into more readable
    -----------------------------
    W = UPLOAD_CHUNK_SERIE
    bl_counter2 = W {A}
    W = BL_RAM_BANK
    FSR0H = W {A}
    FSR0L = 0 {A}
    -----------------------------

    I hope someone could find it useful...
    Link: http://www.primianotucci.com/go/sasme

    Best Regards,
    Primiano Tucci

    p.tucci, Jan 29, 2008

  2. p.tucci

    Dave Guest

    Or you could use the free C compiler from Microchip which makes the code
    even easier to read and much safer if used in combination with MISRA.

    Dave, Jan 29, 2008

  3. p.tucci

    p.tucci Guest

    Yep but sometimes you need to code in asm because there are things
    that can not be done in C (or would require a lot more of instructions
    to do the same thing).
    Plus, if i remember well, the free C18 compiler from microchip is
    somehow limited.

    p.tucci, Jan 29, 2008