    Dell Dimension 8400 with Windows XP profesional. Do I need to do any
    special, like buy special cables or adapters?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

    stephentimko, Nov 26, 2007

  2. stephentimko

    wm_walsh Guest

    Hi!
    No. Your Dimension 8400 already has SATA, and the last Western Digital
    SATA drive I bought (retail boxed...OEM drives might be different!)
    came with a SATA cable in the box.

    The only thing that you might have to do is jumper the drive to work
    with 1.5GBp/s SATA. I don't know if the Dim8400 supports 3.0GBp/s SATA
    or not. Chances are you will be able to just drop the drive into the
    system (there should be mounting rails in the side of the case if you
    need them) and go.

    William

    wm_walsh, Nov 26, 2007

  3. stephentimko

    Tom Scales Guest

    It will work just fine. I have several. It will just run at SATA150
    speeds. No special cables.

    Tom Scales, Nov 27, 2007