    & HP bios on this machine.

    Thanks,
    Bill

    Bill Martin, Jun 11, 2012

  2. Bill Martin

    W Guest

    Finding a reliable stand-alone SATA controller that is a reliable boot
    adapter has been a problem for me too. I find with multiport units that I
    can stick a boot device in port 0, and as soon as I put a device on an
    additional port 1 to 3, the port 0 device stops beeing seen during the BIOS
    bootup process.

    I have not found a SATA host adapter that has a standalone BIOS application
    with configuration options that can be invoked during the boot process,
    before Windows starts to load.

    W, Jun 18, 2012

  3. Bill Martin

    Bill Martin Guest

    Thanks for your reply. I decided to stay on the "safe" side, and ordered
    a 120GB PATA drive. Think that is as big as I can go for this era of
    machine...anyway, I will know in a couple of weeks how it works out.

    Bill Martin, Jun 18, 2012