SATA/chipset drivers or GA-EP35C-DS3R (2.1) = useful under win7 x64???

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Hueyduck, May 15, 2010.

  1. Hueyduck

    Hueyduck Guest

    Hi everyone,

    Sorry for the crosspost, but I can't make up my mind about the best
    forum to post to.

    I have a PC with a GA-EP35C-DS3R (rev 2.1).
    I just installed a win7 x64 pro OS on a partition.
    Everything seems to run fine (no test done yet).

    I'm a bit confused about the usefullness (that a word?) of two drivers:

    - the CHipset driver (intel INF)
    but I think it has to be installed. A confirmation will be welcome.

    and

    - the SATA driver
    Knowing that I won't use the Raid functions,
    Knowing that all the drivers on the gigabyte site are labelled "SATA Raid",
    do I need to install them? Would I gain any performance compared to the
    standard divers of microsoft?

    Thanks a lot for your advice.

    Huey

    Hueyduck, May 15, 2010

  2. Hueyduck

    andy Guest

    Probably not.

    andy, May 16, 2010

  3. Hueyduck

    Hueyduck Guest

    andy a écrit :
    -
    Thanks for answering.
    I read the readme file of the latest INF, and it clearly states that
    Win7 might already include the necessary driver.
    Anyway , I launched the instller, rebooted, and nothing seems to have
    changed. I don't even know how to check if the chipset is correctly
    installed. What would I be looking for? I see no question marks in the
    device panel control, that seem right for me :)

    --
    Merci pour ta réponse.
    J'ai lu le fichier readme du dernier INF pour le chipset, et on y dit

    Huey

    Hueyduck, May 16, 2010
  4. Hueyduck

    jk Guest

    I have the very same motherboard, rev. 2A.

    Windows 7 Ultimate 64. I use just the Microsoft sata drivers. It works
    very well.

    Bios is F4. Cpu: Core2 E8400.

    The challenge with this motherboard was to get 4 stick of DDR2 memory
    to boot. I run dual channel with 8 Gb: 2 sticks mushkin og 2 sticks
    kingston, pc2 6400.

    best regards

    John

    jk, May 17, 2010
  5. Hueyduck

    Hueyduck Guest

    jk a écrit :
    -
    Thx for the report.
    That's reassuring.
    -
    -
    Yeah, strange thing these memory issues. I had to change my first sticks
    to another brand because I could set them to not produce errors in
    MEMtest . I had quite a fawe frights and freezes with this issue.

    Huey

    Hueyduck, May 18, 2010