    that is preventing me from getting devices on SATA 3 - SATA 6 to show
    up.

    Your help is greatly appreciated.

    DP, Jan 27, 2004

  2. DP

    TomG Guest

    did you enable the SI SATA controller in the main bios? did you enable the
    SI Raid ROM, which is not absolutely necessary but will at least tell you if
    it sees the drive?

    also, there has been at least one situation where the USB support in the
    bios being set to BIOS instead of OS caused a problem with the SI
    controller.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 120,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jan 27, 2004

  3. DP

    DP Guest

    I have been trying to add a 250GB HD to my new home built machine. I
    have two Western Digital SATA 36.7GB running in a RAID 0
    configuration. They work great and XP install was a breeze. Very Fast!

    The third drive, a Western Digital 250GB SATA drive is hooked up to
    SATA-3 on my ABIT IC7-MAX3 Board. The Windows device manager shows the
    drive as being a SCSI drive and shows it as working properly. The
    drive however is not accessable. For instance it does not show up as a
    drive in My Computer. Any thoughts why this is happening?

    Thanks

    DP, Jan 27, 2004
  4. DP

    TomG Guest

    see if you can find the missing drive in the Control Panel, Administrative
    Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management. Hopefully is will be showing
    there and you just need to partition it and format...

    TomG, Jan 27, 2004
  5. DP

    gemron Guest

    Did you install the drivers during install?

    gemron, Jan 28, 2004
  6. DP

    TomG Guest

    he says the controller shows in device manager as a SCSI controller so I'd
    guess he did... assuming that no "X" or "!" are showing with it...

    TomG, Jan 28, 2004