    anyone else played with this and found a solution.. it would be so good if
    I could put SATA drives in and out as I use the computer for editing..

    Redmondaus

    redmondaus, Jan 26, 2004

  2. redmondaus

    0_Qed Guest

    redmondaus wrote:
    ....snip...
    Yesbut ...
    the OS needs to 'sftwr' dis/re_mount the HD
    as well as having the hdwr capable of doing similar ...

    Contact the device vendor for a proper SATA hot_swop driver ...

    Try a version of *nix that has a hot_swop(mount/dismount) capability ...

    - less than "advisable" but mite aughta work ... ;_(

    Use =precisely= similar HDs(hdwr/mbr/dir/et al) during/in the hot swop

    Perhaps try to "delete" the device , re_probe for it ... control panel.

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Jan 26, 2004