    I cannot 'tell' the BIOS that the drive is SATA.
    However, the drive appears as it should in XP's device manager.
    I hope there is some way to fix this annoyance...?

    paul8, Mar 23, 2011

  2. paul8

    Brian K Guest

    paul8,

    In the BIOS, turn ON the SATA port and turn OFF the PATA entry.

    Brian K, Mar 24, 2011

  3. paul8

    paul8 Guest

    On 24 Mar., 07:37, "Brian K" <> wrote:
    > paul8,
    >
    > In the BIOS, turn ON the SATA port and turn OFF the PATA entry.

    Thanks.
    Problem solved.
    (It was obvious. But with 3 sata drives and 4 unmarked connectors it
    took me some time to find the right connector... )

    paul8, Mar 24, 2011
  4. paul8

    Brian K Guest

    Glad I could help. I have the same computer and I've been caught with the
    ON/OFF stuff.

    Brian K, Mar 24, 2011