    Are SATA link intended for IDE/SATA Adapters ? If not what type shall I use
    ?

    Thanks in advance

    Aldo Larrabiata, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Re-submission and apologies if already answered,I missed it.

    "Aldo Larrabiata" <> a écrit dans le message 41aa25bc$0$31687$...
    I'm looking to add a 120 GB SATA HD to my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Ver 1.4.
    I already have two 40 GB IDE disks and three SCSI.

    1°) First I shall configure the BIOS in order to boot on the SCSI first.
    Then I shall also disable the booting capabilities of the SCSI 2940UW
    adapter.
    * Then what shall I do more ?

    2°) When I searched drivers through the net, I found Asus providing an old
    version 1.0.0.22 (the same as I have on the CD ROM) and Silicon Image
    providing Ver 1.0.0.51.
    * I'm wandering if there will be any trouble with the newer Silicon Image's
    one. Any experiences ?

    3°) It appears there are two kinds of drivers: SATA link and SATA Raid.

    Aldo Larrabiata, Dec 2, 2004