Satellite: 'mycomputer' says innacurately that hard drive is full

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by aspence111, Dec 7, 2007.

  1. aspence111

    aspence111

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2007
    Toshiba Satellite A215 series notebook PC dual-core. 1.8 GHz 64-bit AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56 processor. 200GB Serial ATA hard drive. Windows Vista.

    I bought the above laptop less than a month ago and in that time i have filled maybe 80GB of the 200GB harddrive, inclluding the OS file space. My computer was correctly registering that the harddrive was about 40% full until a week ago when suddenly it jumped to being 99% full. I hardly aded any files during that week.

    I have tried copying 2GB of files to test the claim but i get an error message.

    The harddrive is not partitioned to my knowledge.

    The laptop is working perfectly in every other way.

    I do not think that it is a virus.

    Any ideas? And could suggestions be in laymen terms as i am not very PC-literate!

    Cheers, Andrew.

    aspence111, Dec 7, 2007
  2. aspence111

    aspence111

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2007
    i am still checking this thread so if anyone can still help me out then i would be grateful.

    aspence111, Dec 14, 2007