    after this rather bad experience with ATI, i think i´ll stay there.

    Wave goodbye

    Rob

    RobundConny, Apr 7, 2004

  2. RobundConny

    JTS Guest

    Who is the vendor?

    JTS, Apr 7, 2004

  3. RobundConny

    Kent_Diego Guest

    ATI has RMA'ed my problem board with no problems. Had built by ATI card.

    Kent_Diego, Apr 7, 2004
  4. RobundConny

    NDF Guest

    Unfortunately stories like yours are on the increase.

    I guess the problem here is that ATI has no real control over the quality of
    the support end users receive.

    I would suggest you contact ATI by writing to the Head Office and include
    all the details and provide proof of this shoddy service, it's up to them at
    the end of the day to minimise the damage done to their Brand.

    NDF, Apr 7, 2004
  5. RobundConny

    Morrmar Guest

    Now i know thisa is not Ati´s problem but from what i gather in the
    forums i
    quantum

    I'm not sure I'm following you. Why _wouldn't_ this be ATI's problem?
    They manufactured it and guarantee it as well. After 30 days, most
    vendors won't do anything, nor should they. This is the manufacturer's
    problem, as well as yours of course.

    Morrmar, Apr 7, 2004
  6. RobundConny

    blah Guest

    I think it is easy to get he wrong impression on how "common" something is
    to fail on the internet. Most people get online with problems and
    complaints, and usually post frequently about them, so you might end up
    hearing about the same card several times instead of once.
    Research shows once instance of bad news travels much further than good
    news.

    If I was this guy I would contact ATI directly and state his case. While
    they don't make the board they do make the processor, and I am sure they get
    lot's of people who fried thier card trying to overclock them claiming they
    didn't, or mobo related damage.
    I bet you will find plenty of ppl with a similar story in the Nvidia groups.

    blah, Apr 8, 2004
  7. RobundConny

    Minotaur Guest

    You do live in a civilized country with consumer laws? (Return/Refund
    laws etc)I would suggest you follow up those rights and stop bending
    over and leting the retailer F'ing you up the ass.

    Wave goodbye - enjoy the ass stretching

    Minotaur, Apr 9, 2004
  8. RobundConny

    patrickp Guest

    Absolutely, Minotaur; I would suggest, RC, that you contact your local
    Trade Standards ofice (local Board of Trade or whatever? They should
    be in the book).

    If the vendor says you have been "running the card incorrectly," they
    have to specify how you have been running it incorrectly and prove it,
    show why it was incorrect and that it was reasonable that you should
    not have done so.

    Since you don't mention having contacted Ati about this, I don't
    think, either, that you should be so criticical of Ati or their cards
    in this way - any card from any manufacturer can go wrong. If you
    haven't given them a chance to rectify the situation, you can't
    criticise them for it. Your problem, and the organisation you should
    be criticising is the vendor.

    patrickp

    - take five to email me

    patrickp, Apr 9, 2004