SB Extigy weirdness

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by 63q2o4i02, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. 63q2o4i02

    63q2o4i02 Guest

    Hi, I'm trying to use an SB Extigy (from around 2001 or 2002) to tune
    my car audio. I have windows XP. I have some software that will
    generate a signal and measure the response. However, there are two
    problems which I'm not sure how to fix:

    1. When I plug a microphone into either mic in or line in (I have a
    preamp), it is amplified and comes out the output. I want to separate
    the microphone input from the output so it doesn't feedback.

    2. Even when I have the microphone unplugged, it seems to read the
    speaker outputs anyway. Even when I have *both* speakers and mic
    unplugged, it still is reading the output! For example, there is a
    white noise generator. When I play it I can see the white noise on the
    screen. If I unplug the mic, it still appears. If I unpleg the
    speakers, it still appears. When the mic is plugged in it influences
    the waveform as it should, but it's definitely not ZERO when it's not
    plugged in. So in other words, the sound card seems to be feeding
    itself internally.

    How can I fix it so the input and output are completely separated?

    thanks
    ms

    63q2o4i02, Jun 19, 2006