SB live audio problem with captured video sound

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Gordon Abbot, May 27, 2005.

  1. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    SB live value, win xp, wintvgo capture card.

    Sound is fine with all programs except captured video sound. It does not
    matter what program I use to capture or if the input is line in or
    tuner, the sound is weak and sounds like it is coming from the bottom of
    a well. Video is fine.

    I ran the creative diagnostic and it said hardware not found. I took the
    card out, cleaned the contacts, re installed it (twice) and still got
    the no hardware found. In device manager I removed sb live and let
    windows reinstall it. Still no hardware found and still have the
    captured video sound problem.

    When played back in the capture program, I do get the weak, garbled
    sound, but in windows media player, with sound at max, get a trace of
    sound but not much.

    I made sure sound was not muted both in wintv and also volume settings.

    I do have an Nvidia video card, but have not had any problems with
    captured video before, but that was also with win 98se. I did get good
    sound with xp, so problem is recent.

    Any help appreciated.

    GA

    Gordon Abbot, May 27, 2005

  2. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    fixed it.

    GA

    Gordon Abbot, May 29, 2005

  3. Gordon Abbot

    tbl Guest

    .. [...]

    There are probably folks here who would love to hear more about
    the fix... if you've got the time to post it.

    Thanks,

    tbl, Jul 9, 2005