    like to know if using these effects take much of my CPU resources. Thanks in
    advance.
    D.R.

    D.R., Sep 7, 2004

  2. D.R.

    Karen Parker Guest

    Most Creative Cards use very little CPU power..

    Karen Parker, Sep 7, 2004

  3. D.R.

    Lenny Guest

    Are the built in effects driven by software or hardware on this card?

    The echo/reverb/flange etc effects that you can select through the EAX
    control panel in windows are all hardware-based. They take no CPU time at
    all. Games using 3D audio with EAX and stuff need more CPU time than just
    plain stereo, but Creative cards are good in this regard and typically gives
    the best performance. Some bitch and complain about the compatibility, but
    I've personally had no problems in years (that I can attribute to the sound
    card or its drivers anyway).

    Lenny, Sep 8, 2004
  4. D.R.

    D.R. Guest

    Thanks Lenny this is exactly what I needed to know!
    Cheers.
    D.R.

    D.R., Sep 8, 2004
  5. D.R.