SB Live! Value

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Robert Hampton, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. Hi, folks. I've looked and couldn't find an answer to my problem, so
    here goes.

    I've moved an SB Live! Value from a Gateway PC running Win98SE to one
    running Win2K Pro. I originally had several problems with the
    installation of the Win2K drivers downloaded from
    http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp. Bluescreens,
    lockups, etc. I started over by removing the card and deleting
    everything and reinstalling. Everything appeared to be working fine.
    Creative diagnostics showed no problems and the card showed no
    conflicts. The only problem is that I had no sound at all. I've taken
    the card out and reinstalled it in the 98 PC and it still works fine there.

    I tried the AutoUpdate at http://us.creative.com/support/ but it did not
    find my card.

    Now I just moved the card to another slot and reinstalled the drivers.
    Creative Diagnostics is showing the following failures:

    Mixer Driver Test - Failed
    SoundFont Setting Test - Failed
    Mixer Settings Check - Failed

    I'm also not able to run AudioHG or the SurroundMixer.

    Sorry for the lengthy post but I like to be thorough. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

    Robert Hampton, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Robert Hampton

    D.R. Guest

    If you want a better chance of help, I recommend that you use the UK official
    forums:

    Soundcard-related Software:
    http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/forums/forum.asp?foru=26

    Soundcard-related Hardware:
    http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/forums/forum.asp?foru=25

    If the website asks what country you are from, just select UK. ;-)

    D.R.

    D.R., Oct 4, 2004

  3. Well, I had a short case of genius and downloaded the drivers from
    Gateway's site. I get sound now, just can't get the HQ and Mixer to
    work. I'll head to Europe to see what they can do. Thanks!

    --
    Robert Hampton
    Genesis POS

    Robert Hampton, Oct 4, 2004