SB16 Emulation -- locking up keyboard?

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Kevin G., Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Kevin G.

    Kevin G. Guest

    Hello all,

    I'm re-building an old system to use as a dedicated MAME machine.
    This system is using an ABIT KT7A board, with an AMD T-Bird 1.33ghz
    processor and 512mb memory. A very solid system when it ran Linux,
    and again when I had it running Win98.

    My intention is to run the DOS version of MAME, so I made sure to
    setup the SB16 emulation drivers when setting up Liveware 3.0 -- I
    followed these instructions:

    http://proasm.totalconversions.com/prosbdos.html

    What these instructions do NOT tell you, are the mods you need to make
    to your autoexec.bat and config.sys. My current two files look as
    such:

    AUTOEXEC.BAT
    SET CTSYN=C:\WINDOWS
    SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 H7 P330 T6
    C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\SBLIVE\DOSDRV\SBEINIT.COM

    CONFIG.SYS
    DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
    DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.SYS
    DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\setver.exe

    Now when I'm in a DOS "window" within Win98, and I launch DOS MAME, I
    get the prompt to select my audio card type -- where I choose option
    #1 for Sound Blaster. My game of choice then does load in, and
    voila... I have sound and everything is great.

    However, when I exit out of Windows and go directly to a DOS prompt
    and try the same, I do get my game of choice... but my keyboard is now
    dead. I tried unplugging the keyboard and plugging back in to see if
    this would solve the dilema, but no dice. I also tried all variations
    of sound card options in DOS MAME, but still no go.

    So to sum it up... when in pure DOS, the SB16 emulation drivers DO
    load just fine, and they're initializing when I select Sound Blaster
    as my sound of choice. But then I'm losing all keyboard functions.

    Any ideas/suggestions??

    Many thanks.

    Kevin G.

    Kevin G., Jul 22, 2003

  2. remove H7 and P330, also try I5 instead of I7

    --
    Erik - [email protected] 75WU/1019hrs

    Want Free Hosting? Email Me

    My Site -----------------> http://eriksarcade.selfhost.com and