SB51G: P4 Mobile Processor???

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by NewMan, Jan 7, 2006.

  1. NewMan

    NewMan Guest

    I have an Intel Mobile P4 S478:

    http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/details.asp?sSpec=SL725

    I originally purchased it without realizing that it was a mobile
    processor. I have installed it in my SB51G (FB51) motherboard. The
    processor does work just fine, but it is, of course, running at its
    lower speed.

    It looks to me as though a little modification to the system and the
    BIOS settings could force the processor into its higher speed, but
    before I do this, I thought I would check to see if anyone has done
    this previously.

    I would presume the first step is to wire the GHI# pin to ground. But
    it looks like there are some voltage issues, etc.

    ALternatively, if anyone wants to swap a P4 Northwood 2.8 GHz regular
    P4 for a Moblie P4, then let me know! ;)

    All help greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    NewMan, Jan 7, 2006

  2. NewMan

    robhiengler

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Did you find out about setting the processor to the higher multi-setting? Looking for the same mod to put a mobile northwood into a desktop without a fronside FSB increase.

    robhiengler, Sep 29, 2006