SB61G2v3 have I got the right plug query?!!

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Lee, Nov 11, 2004.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Hello,

    I've just had a Shuttle SB61G2v3 delivered. I'm in the UK, bought it
    from a uk based company but it has arrived with a non-uk plug. The
    power cord has a definitely non-uk plug - it's a smaller plug with two
    round pins and a round hole with no pin above them.

    In the morning I'm going to phone the people I bought this from but
    the suspense is killing me! Is this unusual or am I meant to use a
    plug converter?

    I'm feeling a bit dense about this so I'd really appreciate any
    advice. I've put a lot of time into deciding which system and
    components to get. I didn't give any consideration to the plug, sadly.

    Thanks.

    lee

    Lee, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Lee

    Conor Guest

    Lee wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've just had a Shuttle SB61G2v3 delivered. I'm in the UK, bought it
    > from a uk based company but it has arrived with a non-uk plug. The
    > power cord has a definitely non-uk plug - it's a smaller plug with two
    > round pins and a round hole with no pin above them.
    >
    > In the morning I'm going to phone the people I bought this from but
    > the suspense is killing me! Is this unusual or am I meant to use a
    > plug converter?
    >
    > I'm feeling a bit dense about this so I'd really appreciate any
    > advice. I've put a lot of time into deciding which system and
    > components to get. I didn't give any consideration to the plug, sadly.

    **** sake man, its only a mains lead. Cut the plug off and put a 3 pin
    one on.

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Conor, Nov 11, 2004

  3. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Cheers Conor,

    Fair response! I found a lot of info about autoswitching psu's last
    night and your clear response has confirmed it.

    Lee - aka dense about psus......

    Lee, Nov 12, 2004