    The system is based on ICH5-R.

    Regards,
    Evert Meulie

    Evert Meulie, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Evert Meulie

    David Jones Guest

    Yes, quite easily.

    David Jones, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Evert Meulie

    Evert Meulie Guest

    I just pop in the extra HD, and then in the RAID BIOS I can create the
    volume without loss of data?
    (I know I probably have to edit the boot disk in Gentoo linux, but
    that's the easy part...)

    Regards,
    Evert Meulie

    Evert Meulie, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Evert Meulie

    mophilly Guest

    In article <>,
    Evert Meulie <> wrote:

    > I just pop in the extra HD, and then in the RAID BIOS I can create the
    > volume without loss of data?
    > (I know I probably have to edit the boot disk in Gentoo linux, but
    > that's the easy part...)

    I use SME server (RedHat 7.3) and it is a simple matter to enable the
    raid support. I strongly recommend a backup of the entire machine using
    rsync before attempting this.

    mophilly, Dec 18, 2004
  5. Evert Meulie

    Evert Meulie Guest

    mophilly wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Evert Meulie <> wrote:
    >

    >>I just pop in the extra HD, and then in the RAID BIOS I can create the
    >>volume without loss of data?
    >>(I know I probably have to edit the boot disk in Gentoo linux, but
    >>that's the easy part...)

    > I use SME server (RedHat 7.3) and it is a simple matter to enable the
    > raid support. I strongly recommend a backup of the entire machine using
    > rsync before attempting this.

    Enabling RAID in BIOS? And then it will ask me which HD to use as
    'source drive'? Sounds plain/simple, yes... :)

    Now I only have to find a similar HD to the one I have... They seem to
    be out-dated already... ;)

    Evert Meulie, Dec 20, 2004