SB81P. First temperature measurements. Too high...?

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Evert, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. Evert

    Evert Guest

    Hi everyone!

    Well, I just finished assembling my SB81P. I've done some temp.
    measuring overnight with Sandra, and get the following (idle system):

    Board:
    min. 32
    avg. 40.3
    max. 42

    CPU:
    min. 49
    avg. 52.2
    max. 55

    Power/aux:
    min. 37
    avg. 42.2
    max. 44

    The CPU temp. seems a bit high to me... Is there anyone out there who
    can give me their measurements? ;-)

    Regards,
    Evert Meulie

    Evert, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Evert

    Evert Meulie Guest

    Forgot to mention: this system contains a 3.4 Ghz Pentium 4.

    Evert Meulie, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Evert

    Jesper Guest

    Hi.
    Seems ok i guess.
    Haven't tested my system yet, but prescott are known for being hot as you
    probably know.
    At what level have you set your smart fans? Mine is set on 40 degrees.
    /JB

    Jesper, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Evert

    Evert Meulie Guest

    I haven't changed anything there yet. I think the BIOS default is 51C...?

    Greetings,
    Evert

    Evert Meulie, Dec 6, 2004
  5. Evert

    Jesper Guest

    Jesper, Dec 6, 2004
  6. Evert

    Evert Meulie Guest

    Yeah, I'm running the 25-version... But I guess the value of 51 didn't
    get updated when the BIOS was updated.
    So you are suggesting I should change 'CPU temp tag' from 51C to 40C?

    Regards,
    Evert

    Evert Meulie, Dec 6, 2004
  7. Evert

    Evert Meulie Guest

    Evert Meulie, Dec 6, 2004
  8. Evert

    Jesper Guest

    I guess its all about what noise level you can accept.
    For me the noise limit goes with the 40C.
    30C is too noisy I think, but its very subjective.
    /JB

    Jesper, Dec 6, 2004
  9. Evert

    Evert Meulie Guest