SB86i + intel pentium D 820+ = screwed?

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by AaronM, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. AaronM

    AaronM Guest

    I just got a new Shuttle SB86i from new egg,
    I put the whole thing together,
    and it powers up (fan spins, cd ejects)
    but I got nothing out of the old video port...

    I dug a little and I realized I didn't read up
    enough, the damn thing doesn't support the
    processor I ordered - right form factor so it fits (LGA755)
    but the CPU is a dual core model and the motherboard
    doesn't support dual core. &$*^(&*!!!!!

    Does anyone have some idea if
    1) the dual core cpu is now toast (I did notice the
    heatsink warmed up pretty quick, so it was definitely
    getting power in some manner)
    2) the SB86i is now toast (seems less likely, but
    then again who would be stupid enough to put in
    the wrong processor?)

    Thanks very much,
    Aaron

    AaronM, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Did you ever test either of these, or are you waiting for someone to
    give you a guess and call it an answer? My guess is no to both and my
    advice is buy a new motherboard to match the CPU.

    Bill Davidsen, Jul 18, 2005