SBS 2003 Autolaunch failure on Wireless tablet XP

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Gary Huffman, May 11, 2005.

  1. Gary Huffman

    Gary Huffman Guest

    SBS 2003 local network wireless router wrt54g linksys using tablet PC 2005
    auto application launch failure
    When The tablet pc logged in for the first time and i used connect computer
    the client applications auto launcher failed. I was able to connect them
    through the same router through wired and they load fine. Same thing
    happened when I loaded ISA and tried to launch client from the shared ISA
    client folder on the server. Failed on wireless. Completed on wired I was
    logged in as administrator. I have the wireless router setup with firewall
    disabled, DHCP Disabled, all VPN Enabled,Wireless is mixed,sid,ssid broadcast
    enabled,Wpa pre shared key,tkip, 3600 key renewalmac filter off,advanced
    setting at default. I am on a 10.10.10.X network I set the local ip of router
    to 10.10.10.15, 255.255.255.0

    Is there some limitation to wireless or am I missing somthing?

    SBS 2003 premium fully updated two nic card setup
    XP tablet PC 2005 Fully updated
    Router fully updated

    Errors

    SBS Client Application Launcher
    SOS Client Application Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    Please tell Microsolt about this problem.

    SOS Client Application Launcher
    Error signature
    EventType: InPageError P1: c00002Oc P2: 00000000

    The following Files will be included in this error report:
    C:\DOCUME “1 \ADMINh1 . PCC\LOCALSI \Temp\WE F1c451 . dir00\applnch. cxc. mdmp
    C:\DOCUM E ‘l ‘bADMINIâ€i .PCC\LOCALS’I \Temp\WE F1c451 .dirOO\appcompat. txt

    Gary Huffman, May 11, 2005

  2. Gary --
    There isn't a limitation that I'm aware of. It could be a time out
    issue - WPA is slow to respond from that (and most lower end) routers. What
    is the IP address of the two SBS NICs?
    Ultimately, I think you'd have a good deal more success asking this
    question over on the SBS newsgroup. This isn't a tablet issue, really, it's a
    combination of SBS and wireless. You'll find more folks on the SBS newsgroup
    who will have a similar environment and may have seen the issue before.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2005

  3. Gary Huffman

    Gary Huffman Guest

    I moved this to the SBS news group Thank you

    Gary Huffman, May 11, 2005