    fabulous...

    There should be a support group for those hosed by Dell service.

    Steph

    Steph, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Steph

    PC-Gladiator Guest

    Call them to get a RMA and return your system if it is within the 30 day
    period. It might get their attention. And realistically, you haven't been
    able to evaluate the system without the monitor. I'd call ASAP. Might
    start sending email to document your trail too.

    PC-Gladiator, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Steph

    Steph Guest

    Thanks for the advice, PC. I attempted to do just that, and was told today
    there was nothing I could do to cancel the system while "In Production" --
    of course, the reps I've spoken to in the past, Uma, Daniel, Rachel, and
    Love have all stated they would cancel the order, yet it's all placating BS.
    I even referenced an email from "Sheena" stating that the order can be
    cancelled, yet it's akin to battling windmills here -- I was told flat-out
    today but the Dell US Sales rep. that since it's in production I have to
    wait until the status changes, unreal.

    I wouldn't believe this treatment is possible, had I not experienced it
    first-hand.

    OMG, never again...

    Steph :(

    Steph, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Did you pay with a credit card? If so, dispute the charges.

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Steph

    Steph Guest

    Right, would do that, but they simply re-auth. the charge every five days --
    it hasn't showed on the statement, just a repeated VISA auth.

    Steph

    Steph, Jan 2, 2004
  6. Steph

    PC-Gladiator Guest

    Call your credit card company and ask that they deny the re-auth. No
    payment no system!

    PC-Gladiator, Jan 2, 2004
  7. Steph

    Steph Guest

    Will do!

    Steph

    Steph, Jan 2, 2004
  8. Credit card companies won't dispute charges until the charges actually go
    through.

    Until then, at least with respect to a credit card dispute, you may be SOL.

    Sorry.

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Jan 2, 2004
  9. Steph

    WSZsr Guest

    Someone is feeding you a line. The Planar is not manufactured by Dell. It
    is not wharehoused by Dell. It is one of thousands of accessories that Dell
    sells. It is easy to cancel. Just call customer service and ask to speak to
    a supervisor ASAP. Be polite but firm.

    WSZsr, Jan 2, 2004
  10. Steph

    Steph Guest

    No, I realize Dell doesn't mfr. the Planar, they're made by Planar;) I've
    finally got some head-way and was told a moment ago that they will cancel
    the order if not shipped in the next 48 hours -- to be certain there is not
    a lag between fulfillment and update. Time will tell.

    Steph

    Steph, Jan 2, 2004
  11. Steph

    PC-Gladiator Guest

    Did they already tell you this? Who is the person that has the 2 day
    tickler to do this? My money is on you having to call back again.

    Is your credit card company able to stop the re-auth? It does affect how
    much you have left on your credit line.

    PC-Gladiator, Jan 2, 2004
  12. Steph

    Steph Guest

    Yeah, they did. When we push the issue further they say they will connect
    us with a supervisor, then about 20seconds of Muzak, then dead-line,
    disconnect... The VISA issuer stated they cannot do anything until an
    actual charge appears. Not too much of an issue, I pay off the VISA monthly
    and it has a large limit, but is sux in pinciple, nonetheless.

    I'd like to say the just in time inventory practice is at fault, but this
    isn't even Dell-branded hardware! I'll call my VISA issuer and dispute the
    auth again, see what happens. Too much time devoted to this inane crap,
    curse you DELL!

    Steph

    Steph, Jan 2, 2004
  13. Steph

    jim Guest

    transfer your credit card balance toanother card, and cancel the one they
    want to bill the computer on.
    Call visa and explain your problem. but cancel the card.

    Jim

    jim, Jan 3, 2004
  14. Steph

    Steph Guest

    You know what, Jim? That's looking like the way to go... Dell has hijacked
    my card. I received an email an hour ago stating that I had to call to
    cancel the order. Right, 11 calls at last count, 4 email, 2 online chat. I
    think a class action siut should be attempted.

    steph

    Steph, Jan 3, 2004
  15. Still drunk from New Year's, huh Jim? <g>

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Jan 3, 2004
  16. While (I think) we all sympathize with you, do you even *know*
    what a class action suit is?

    Are you suggesting that *we* sue Dell?

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Jan 3, 2004
  17. Steph

    Steph Guest

    Yeah, I've a pretty solid idea what a class-action suit is... I'm an
    attorney, and the fact remains that I'm not the only individual having
    problems with Dell order fulfillment and their ridiculous CS policies.

    No, Larry, not you... I'd suspect that you're quite happy with Dell, geeks
    usually are. What's with the attitude? Run out of Pepsi and Doritos?

    You have a nice weekend,
    Steph

    Steph, Jan 3, 2004
  18. Steph

    Tom Scales Guest

    But a class action requires a significant number of people with a specific
    problem that has monetary damages.

    The percentages of complaints are trivial compared to the volume.

    You've had no monetary loss.

    Tom
    not an attorney nor do I play one on TV.

    Tom Scales, Jan 3, 2004
  19. Steph

    PC-Gladiator Guest

    Right, but people resent being tortured and having large amounts of time
    wasted trying to accomplish what should have happened after the first phone
    call. Pissing customers off is never a good approach for any company. A
    multi-billion dollar company's order entry system should be able to
    accomodate a very common request like this. But making the cancellation
    quick and painless to the customer doesn't seem to be their goal. Making it
    difficult and shipping the order, no matter what the customer wants, seems
    to be their goal.

    BTW, this seems to have become a perfected approach by some companies. I
    ran into a similiar situation ordering a part from an internet site.
    Nothing I could do could cancel the order and they refused to act to cancel
    it. I ultimately accepted the order (can always use more disk space) but I
    sure as hell won't order from them anymore. Even still have their link but
    have marked it "AVOID" just in case the memory fades.

    PC-Gladiator, Jan 3, 2004
  20. Oooh, an attorney.

    Now I understand the suggestion for a class action suit... As in most,
    the only ones to benefit are the attorneys.

    I offered you a perfectly plausible solution to your problem, but when
    I question your suggestion for a suit, you get defensive.

    A defense attorney, no doubt...

    Good Luck.

    Larry

    Lawrence Glasser, Jan 3, 2004