Scanner - Dell 922 All-in-one printer/scanner RevA01 not scanning but does print

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Darren, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. Darren

    Darren Guest

    Hello and thanks for stopping by...

    ---I'm using three hyphens as brackets in this posting, to highlight the
    main points--- . Hope it helps and not annoys.

    Friends of mine ---can't scan--- with their Dell 922 All-in-one.

    They can print okay but not scan.

    We've tried installing the ---RevA00--- software and the new ---RevA04---
    software, which appears only a month or so old.

    We had a ---software install error--- with A04. Runtime error with
    file ---'dlbtaiox.exe'?---. My friend is elderly, so the filename may have
    an '1' and not an 'L'.

    The scanner would not scan with RevA00 software either and there were no
    runtime errors then apparently.

    I've asked them to check for a scanner lock and they say there's one where
    the plug goes into the scanner and it automatically disengages. That may be
    a voltage switch, for their sake I hope that they don't create another
    problem there.

    So we've installed two software versions to no avail.

    AND

    They've had ---two Dell 922 units---. Dell replaced the first unit, which
    did not scan either.

    Maybe if someone has that file? or knows of any XP conflicts with it/AV
    software conflicts etc. That'd be great.

    Thanks

    Darren

    Darren, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Darren

    Fixer Guest

    the scanner lock for this machine is under the scanner lid top left corner
    as you look at it and chances are it is in the locked state if this is a 2nd
    brand new machine

    Fixer, Jun 25, 2005

  3. Darren

    Darren Guest

    I've now found out that it is photocopying, so that rules out the locking
    mechanism for now I think.

    Darren

    Darren, Jun 25, 2005
  4. Darren

    Darren Guest

    I apologise for my bad manners not thanking you. Hope I don't get flamed
    now.

    Thankyou

    Darren

    Darren, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Darren

    Fixer Guest

    NP but if its photocopying then the problem must be software related and not
    hardware

    Fixer, Jun 25, 2005