Scientific Study of the Opinions of Americans with regard to the War in Iraq

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Kenworthy, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. Kenworthy

    Kenworthy Guest

    I am working on a project that has to do with a scientific study of the
    opinions of Americans with regard to the war in Iraq in Lanham,
    Maryland. But I am not sure how I could determine the sample size and
    which sampling design that could be suitable for this kind of study.
    What would you prefer I do -- use phone interviews or face to face
    interviews and why? What would you say would be excellent for a
    sampling frame? And what demographic data would you advise I consider
    want and why?

    Thanks for your help:
    Kenworthy
    MedCall Staffing & Management Consultants, Inc.
    9900-E Greenbelt Road
    Suite 251
    Lanham, MD 20706

    www.medcallconsulting.com

    Kenworthy, Jan 11, 2007

  2. Kenworthy

    kkkisok Guest

    You don't want to know.

    kkkisok, Jan 11, 2007

  3. hmm, is that an contradiction or an oxymoron?

    martin

    martin griffith, Jan 11, 2007
  4. Your wording makes it seem a lot like a homework assignment to me.

    Jon

    Jonathan Kirwan, Jan 11, 2007
  5. Kenworthy

    Alison Guest

    <SNIP>

    Who cares. I lock myself in a room with my microcontrollers and a computer
    screen, mostly as my world is more predictable and sane than the one outside
    that door. As for my views of the Internet, now that's debatable..

    Alison, Jan 13, 2007
  6. Scientific study ? The sample should represent the
    americans, shouldn't it? So where do you expect them
    to be found ?

    a)a thousend persons randomly picked at the
    entrance of the pentagon ?
    b)a thousend persons randomly picked at the
    entrance of disney world ?
    c)a thousend persons randomly picked at the
    entrance of NASA in houston ?
    d)a thousend persons randomly picked at the
    entrance of Universal studios ?
    e)a thousend persons randomly picked at the
    entrance of the New York city dump ?
    f)a thousend persons randomly picked at the
    beachside in florida ?
    g)all the above ?

    Rene

    Rene Tschaggelar, Jan 13, 2007