Scope & Logic Analyzer

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Dave Boland, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Dave Boland

    Dave Boland Guest

    I'm going to be helping with some embedded work and will likely need a
    scope and at least 16 channels for logic analyzer (prefer 24 since that
    is the address bus of the processor). My suggestion was the HP
    (Agilent?) 54622D, but then I saw the budget (sucks). So, can anyone
    suggest low cost instruments that you have had good experience with?
    Used is fine. I'm aware of some of the PC instruments, but have not had
    experience with anything other than Tek and HP/Agilent (and would love
    to keep it that way).

    Scope specs: * Two or more channels.
    * 60 MHz (or better) analog equivalent bandwidth
    (or better) per ch.
    * External trigger (yes, goes without saying,
    but...)
    * Prefer digital, but analog ok
    Logic ana.: * 16 or more channels
    * 10 nS
    * 4 KB min. depth.

    Dave,

    Dave Boland, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Dave, don't know where you are located, are your timeline for this project,
    but I have been in a similar situation. The solution -- Rent. In the USA,
    at least, there are several places where you can rent the finest of
    instrumentations for $400/month or less.

    Regards,
    Clark

    Clark G. Smith, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Dave Boland

    Tom Woodrow Guest

    Tom Woodrow, Jul 10, 2003
  4. Dave Boland

    matt Guest

    if your budget really really sucks you may get a used HP1631D , which is a
    combination of 2 channels 50MHz DSO (200MSPS) and 43 channels LA. The
    granddaddy of 54622 basically . They sell for just a few hundred dollars .

    Best Regards,
    Matt Tudor , MSEE
    http://www.gigahertzelectronics.com

    matt, Jul 11, 2003
  5. Dave Boland

    Paul Baxter Guest

    Try www.link-instruments.com in the states (LA-4000) or if in the uk like
    me, they do have a uk distributor whose name escapes me at the moment :)

    Decent depth logic and pattern generator modules at a reasonable price with
    a variety of PC interfaces available.

    Paul

    Paul Baxter, Jul 15, 2003