screen black without acces to the bios during start up

Discussion in 'Acer' started by helipilote, Jan 6, 2009.

  1. helipilote

    helipilote

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2009
    hello
    first happy new year and sorry for my poor english

    I have a acer 8204 travelmate with a big problem

    during a connexion through modem all functions have been stopped with a black screen

    since when I touch the power button the leds bright and nothing else the cpu cooler run for few secondes then nothing.
    I suppose even the bios is not running .
    i had disconnect the HDD, the memory the DVD burner and each time the same problem.

    I would like to know where to find jumper or microswitch or wathever to reset the bios (hardware like a PC), I opened the 8204 dismantle the keyboard but I didn't find any jumper or microswith to do a hard reset.

    so please if any knows how to find the way to reset the bios without any access (software), I'm ready to all proposals

    thanks

    gerard

    helipilote, Jan 6, 2009