Screen Freezes for 1/2 sec each 4-5 sec in XP - Graphics Card GeForce

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by mjnurse, Jun 16, 2006.

  1. mjnurse

    mjnurse Guest

    Having recently spent some time trying to configure my TV as a second
    monitor on my HP Media Centre - Graphics card nVidia GeForce 6600 - I
    am left with an irritating problem.

    Each 3-5 seconds the screen freezes for 1/2 second or so. If watching
    video, the video appears to catch up after freeze and sound stops
    during freeze.

    However, if listening to pure audio, this is not affected.

    Mouse pointer is not affected but all other screen output is, eg typing
    to screen freezes. Drawing in Paint freezes...

    Looking at CPU usage I see a peak in 'services.exe' each time it
    happens - up to 30-40% CPU.

    I have tried updating the graphics card drivers and checked for an
    unusual services. Have also ran antivirus scan and spy-ware checks...

    Any ideas? This is driving me crazy,

    Thanks in anticipation

    mjnurse, Jun 16, 2006