SCSI HBA for X4200?

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Rich Teer, Nov 18, 2006.

  1. Rich Teer

    Rich Teer Guest

    Hi all,

    I need to hook up a tape drive to my X4200, so I need to find a
    suitable HBA. It looks like the LSI 20320-R would be best for
    my needs, even though it's total overkill (it seems like LSI's
    less capable products, like the 20160, aren't available in the
    low profile form factor required for the X4200). Has anyone here
    used this card with their X4200, using the driver that comes with
    Solaris 10? I just want to confirm it'll work before I shell out
    my shekels...

    TIA,

    --
    Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OpenSolaris CAB member

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

    Rich Teer, Nov 18, 2006

  2. Rich Teer

    Sami Ketola Guest

    Sun system handbook lists 375-3255 and 375-3366 (RoHS) as
    supported adapters for the X4200. Those both are OEM versions
    of LSI20320. Atleast the Sun OEM version has worked like a charm
    on Sun x86 product line with disks arrays. I have not connected any
    tape drives into them.

    Sami

    Sami Ketola, Nov 18, 2006

  3. Rich Teer

    Rich Teer Guest

    I thought as much; thanks for the feedback!

    Rich Teer, Nov 18, 2006