    I have updated the Dell's BIOS and tried different PCI slots. Is there
    some issue with the on-board controller that's causing this problem?

    Tim

    Tim Gowen, Nov 2, 2006

  2. Tim Gowen

    Jeremy Boden Guest

    Do you have a clash of SCSI id's?

    Jeremy Boden, Nov 2, 2006

  3. Tim Gowen

    Tim Gowen Guest

    No, it doesn't work even if I change the SCSI ID. Dell says that the
    u320 card is known to work with the machine; Quantum says that my cable
    width is outside the SCSI spec with that card - but the BIOS detected it
    in a different machine, so I'm not sure where the problem is...

    Tim

    Tim Gowen, Nov 3, 2006
  4. Tim Gowen

    pcmatt

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Does your computer even see the card? Because even if the card and bios/drivers are accurate a conflicting memory range would cause all of this.

    pcmatt, Nov 21, 2006