    Sense Key: Soft Error
    ASC: 0x5d (<vendor unique code 0x5d>), ASCQ: 0x43, FRU: 0x43

    - Peter

    Peter Eriksson, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Peter Eriksson

    C. Newport Guest

    I dont have the vendor codes but the rest of the report is clear.

    FWIW, the report means that a read error was corrected (usually by
    re-reading the block).

    If this is always associated with the same block or a small subset
    of block this means that the block concerned is iffy.
    If the error is associated with random blocks this indicates an
    external problem such as dubious wiring or a noisy power supply.

    C. Newport, Sep 6, 2003