  1. jimchance99

    jimchance99 Guest

    How do I change the search in a Finder window from "Name matches" to "Name contains"?

    jimchance99, Jan 13, 2014

  2. jimchance99

    Patty Winter Guest

    Unless something has changed in later versions of Mac OS X, just choose
    a different option from the pop-up menu that says "matches".

    Patty

    Patty Winter, Jan 13, 2014

  3. jimchance99

    J Burns Guest

    I have Mavericks. I was rusty on folder searches. In Help, I found
    only Spotlight searches.

    I started a search in a finder window and found that by default it
    listed all file names containing my search term. The + sign appeared
    below my search term. Clicking it brought up the buttons for popup
    menus, and I remembered what I used to know.

    J Burns, Jan 13, 2014