Second-hand laptop - on-line dealers

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Jeffrey Prest, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. As I am about to enter the minefield of buying a second-hand laptop,
    any suggestions as to trustworthy on-line dealers would be welcome.

    Jeffrey Prest, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Jeffrey Prest

    Guest Guest

    There is always ebay, some people swear by it, others will warn you away
    when it comes to laptops. I recently was looking to pick up a used Thinkpad
    there, but at the ending of each auction, the prices jumped dramatically for
    something that was almost 4 years old. Don't forget to include an
    astronomical shipping charge <BG>

    Keep in mind that new laptop prices are supposedly dropping, but used
    sources don't always seem to follow the trend. Here are just a few starters,
    there are many more if you keep searching. I prefer IBM as there is a fairly
    large amount of support available still for older models at their website.

    http://www.bobjohnson.com/_store/default.asp

    http://www.onthegopc.com/

    http://www.thinkpads.com/start.htm

    Bill there may have some used ones, got mine there and am very happy.

    Guest, Aug 11, 2003