    linker script ? I can't seem to find information about it.

    Thanks.

    Tom

    Tom, Jun 1, 2004

  2. got2 sounds like a Global Offset Table of some sort and fixup sounds like,
    well, like a fix up section. I'd guess these are used for PIC or PID,
    position independent code or data. Since this is *extremely* linker
    specific, why not tell us which linker and what the linker manual says
    about sections?

    Mark A. Odell, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I am using the gnu ld linker with a virtex II pro fpga. The documentation of
    the linker doesn't say anything on the different sections that can be
    defined.

    I am using the embedded development kit from xilinx. It says that the
    sections .got2 and .fixup must be included otherwise it generates an error:

    /xygdrive/d/EDK6.1/gnu/powerpc-eabi/nt/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-eabi/2.95.
    3-4/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for
    section `.got2'

    Tom

    Tom, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Since it is Gnu ld it is well documented in the binutils docs. I'd start
    here:

    http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/binutils/ld_6.html

    I'm afraid a few days of linker script learning are in your future.

    Mark A. Odell, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Ok, but the problem is not the linker script. I just can't seem to find
    information on those got2 and fixup sections...

    Tom

    Tom, Jun 2, 2004