seeking hard to find motherboard (for fsx and other purposes)

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by markm75, Sep 12, 2008.

  1. markm75

    markm75 Guest

    I currently own a P5Nt deluxe by asus.. i'm searching for a different
    motherboard, hopefully one by asus, but not necessarily.. i have some
    stiff requirements and these are making it hard to meet the goal..

    I need to be able to support two graphics boards in non-sli or non-
    crossfire mode, so whether it supports sli or crossfire doesnt matter,
    though i'd like to go from a 4850 single slot to 4870 dual slot.. i
    just ordered the 4850s.. but i'm thinking the 4870 would be a better
    bet (the whole FSX thing).. i'm thinking they'd be better than the
    9800GTX, but maybe not the gx2(cant recall the exact name here) etc..

    But back to the topic...

    I need a board that can take two dual pciex16 2.0 graphic boards that
    are dual slot.. also have a pciex4 slot for my raid card, then ontop
    of this, also be able to fit one pciex1 (asus xonar audio card) and
    one other pci video capture board (and even more ideally, one more
    available pciex1 slot)

    So :

    Pciex16 v2.0 x2 (dual slot)
    Pciex4 (1 slot)
    Pciex1 (1 slot)
    PCI (1 slot)

    Essentially to here, this amounts to the equivalent of 7 slots in
    itself..

    then as a bonus, yet another pciex1, but this is reaching.

    It also has to take 1066 ram and fsb max of 1333 and take 45nm q9650
    3.0ghz cpu..

    I'm having a hard time finding this match, so i could in fact go dual
    slot on graphics.. at least, keeping the price at say $250 or less..

    Onboard sata only needs to have about 6 on average, though i could get
    away with 4 too, plus an esata.

    A coax audio out is desirable, though i think the xonar hdav1.3 in
    addtion to hdmi does coax out, but i could be wrong.

    Any one know of one offhand :)

    Cheers

    markm75, Sep 12, 2008

  2. markm75

    markm75 Guest

    I should add, i did find this maximum extreme board from asus for $349
    that just might work, i'm skeptical on the top pciex1 slot, whether it
    could handle the xonar hdmi1.3 card or not, its really close to that
    cooling block:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131235

    The price was also a bit steep

    markm75, Sep 12, 2008

  3. markm75

    markm75 Guest

    This doesnt work either, as it requires DDR3, i just bought brand new
    8GB of ddr2 1066 too

    markm75, Sep 12, 2008